I kind of just started writing and posting to Instagram without really letting you know who I am. The purpose of this post will be to do just that. What better way of introducing myself than through a blogging staple: a tag! I've always loved doing tags, especially back in high school when MySpace was all the rage. Tags were my favorite way of letting out all of that teen angst. Here I am as a 26 year old still doing them! I hope you enjoy, and feel free to use the tag yourself!
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
1. What is your middle name?: Lee. I hate it. I plan on changing it to my current last name whenever I get married. That's what my mom did, so I feel like it's kind of a family tradition?
2. What was favorite subject at school?: I loved any art class and history. Anything that lets me be creative, I automatically like. As for history, I just find the past interesting. I minored in history in college, and sometimes think of studying history in grad school.
3. What is your favorite drink?: I mainly drink water. But, I love a glass of lemonade every now and then.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I listen to a wide variety of music. Anything from Drake to Band of Horses to Fleetwood Mac. I'd have to say my current favorite is 'Cold Water' by Major Lazer ft. Justing Bieber and Mo.
5. What is your favorite food?: Anything sweet! I have a major sweet tooth. Cupcakes are my biggest weakness.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: Some Christmas presents for my boyfriend. I know its only August, but I'm trying out a new plan of attack as far as holiday shopping goes. I figure it will be less painful if I space out the buying of gifts versus spending a ton at once. I'm just afraid I'll forget about things that I've purchased and hidden!
7. Favorite book of all time?: The Great Gatsby. As I said above, I love history, and America in the 1920s is my favorite time period.
8. Favorite Color?: Pink!
9. Do you have any pets?: I have two perfect cats! I've had Kika for 5 years, and got her while I was in college from a family who posted an ad for free kittens on Craigslist. I adopted Lina in February from a local no-kill shelter. They didn't get along so well at first, but they can at least tolerate laying on the same couch together now.
10. Favorite Perfume?: I actually really need to buy some new perfume. But, my go to is 'Daisy Eau So Fresh' by Marc Jacobs.
11. Favorite Holiday?: Halloween! Creepy things are my favorite, and I love dressing up. In October, I'm sure I'll do a post of some of my favorite past costumes.
12. Are you married?: Nope! I'm in a serious relationship, however. My boyfriend's name is Andrew, and we went to the same high school but never really interacted. Some mutual friends set us up on a date the night before Valentine's Day in 2015 and we've been together ever since!
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I've been out of the country twice. The first time was in middle school, and I went on a cruise to The Bahamas. The second time was in high school, and I went on a school trip to Italy, France, and England. I count Switzerland because our train got caught in a blizzard while passing through the Alps and we were delayed by about 5 hours.
14. Do you speak any other language?: English is the only language I speak fluently, however I took French throughout high school and for two semesters in college. I'm currently trying to learn conversational Japanese, as I'm hoping to travel there soon.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have one half-sister. She's 15 years older than me.
16. What is your favorite shop?: I've always been a big fan of Forever21, though I feel weird shopping there now as I'm well past the age of 21.
17. Favorite restaurant?: I would have to say Eli's BBQ. It's quickly becoming a Cincinnati staple, and was recently named one of the nation's top BBQ joints. Everything I've tried there has been amazing.
18. When was the last time you cried?: Well, I'm currently PMSing, so it's not hard to make me cry. I typically don't show emotions too often, but during PMS week, all hell breaks loose.
19. Favorite Blog?: I've always been a fan of What I Wore. Jess is a fellow Hoosier alum, and I had the pleasure of working in the same studio as her during an internship in Bloomington while in college. She has an easy going style, and I've loved her home renovation posts.
20. Favorite Movie?: I've always been a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas since I was a child. I love Tim Burton's animation style, and as I said before, Halloween is my favorite holiday. A more recent favorite has been Silver Linings Playbook. Jennifer Lawrence definitely deserved the Oscar she won for that film.
21. Favorite TV shows?: My all-time favorite is The Office. I watch it every night while I fall asleep. I've seen the entire series over 40 times completely through and it never gets old. Other favorites are Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, Golden Girls, The Nanny, Sex and the City, Dawson's Creek, and Bob's Burgers.
22. PC or Mac?: Mac all the way!
23. What phone do you have?: iPhone 6
24. How tall are you?: 5'5"
25. Can you cook?: I like to think so. I don't particularly like to cook complex dishes because I don't like clean up.
I hope this post gives you guys a better insight into my life and who I am! It was a lot of fun.